As a specialist in your field, whether it’s in IT or finance, you have to give advice and pass on your knowledge to colleague’s and senior stakeholders on a regular basis; who might not be familiar with what you are saying.
This Communicating and Presenting Complex Information training course has been specifically designed to help public sector professionals, with a technical or specialist background, to convey their knowledge in a much clearer and understandable way.
By attending this Communicating and Presenting Complex Information one day training course you will overcome the common challenges to presenting information; gain verbal techniques to convey specialist information in a simplified and confident way; use plain English writing to transform jargon text into engaging prose, and learn how to visualise information in an attractive format.
Through interactive workshops you will gain the tools to overcome the common frustration of not being understood by peers and senior stakeholders.
|About the Chair: Alan Rutter
|He oversaw the iPad edition launches of Wired, GQ, Vanity Fair and Vogue in the UK, and has been working with Condé Nast International as product owner on a bespoke digital asset management system for their 11 global markets.
Until November 2014 he worked with Guardian Masterclasses on curating and delivering new course strands and teaching their B2B data visualisation courses for clients including the Financial Conduct Authority, the Home Office, Novartis, Haringey Council and Gloucestershire Police Constabulary.
Previously he was Online Editor at Time Out, having also worked as Acting Deputy Editor and Features Editor on the magazine. He has over 10 years’ previous experience of working with designers and digital developers on infographics and digital data visualisations.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Identify and Overcome Challenges to Communicating and Presenting Complex Information
- Discuss the challenges of communicating specialist information
- What sort of information are you trying to communicate?
- Information technology
- Complex processes
- Ascertain why this information might be complicated to understand
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
Workshop: Verbally Presenting Complex Information
- Gain verbal techniques to convey specialist information in a simplified and confident way
- Build empathy and confidence into your communication tone
- Utilise storytelling tools to keep your stakeholders and peers engaged
12:00 - 13:00
Workshop: Use Plain English to Communicate Complex Information
- Use plain English techniques to communication technical information
- Change technical information to engaging prose
- Create concise and clear messages
14:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Visual Aids to Communicate Information
- Learn how to use engaging visual aids to present information
- Visualise complex information in an engaging format
- Gain the most up to date design techniques
- Use design and layout principles to visualise information
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback & Close