Emotional intelligence (EI) is the ability to identify, understand, and manage emotions in yourself and others.
By recognising all the key elements of emotional intelligence, such as self-management, social awareness and how to respond to emotions you will dramatically develop your own management techniques and increase workforce productivity.
In this one day course, delegates will develop an in-depth understanding of the importance of EI and why it matters in the workplace, in order to improve workplace well-being and employee performance.
Through a range of workshops and case studies, this course will provide you with a range of tools and long-term skills to enhance your professional career.
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence
- Use EI to measure a person’s emotional ability to understand how their actions will affect the way people will respond to them
- Develop skills to invoke positive emotions in people to achieve your professional or organisational goals
- How emotional intelligence can dramatically improve cooperation amongst your colleagues
Self-Awareness: The key to Emotional Intelligence
In this session delegates will spend time recognising their own emotions and how they affect their own thoughts and behaviour, considering their strengths and weaknesses, and developing greater self-confidence.
- Through use of a self-scoring tool, The Emotional Intelligence Style Profile, you can understand the way you apply your emotional intelligence style, preferences, and behaviour
- Determine how to effectively, and appropriately, apply your knowledge and feelings in a given situation
Utilise the Myer-Briggs Type Indicator
- Use the Myer-Briggs Type Indicator to discover how personality types form emotional intelligence
- Apply MBTI to discover areas of intrapersonal and interpersonal abilities that require development
Challenge Self-limiting Beliefs and Mastering your Vision
- Explore self-limiting beliefs that you and others may have, and consider the impact they have
- How these beliefs can be transformed in such a way as to offer you new perspectives and opportunities
Develop Strategies for Responding to the Emotions of Others
- Explore the core strategies for developing more appropriate responses to the emotions of others
- Being more open-minded and agreeable; to improving empathy skills; to reading people’s body language more clearly; to seeing the effect they have on others; and practicing being emotionally honest
Apply Emotional Intelligence in difficult Workplace Situations
- Consider how you will apply your new Emotional Intelligence thinking in the workplace.
- Thinking intelligently with emotions, whilst perceiving, expressing, understanding and managing emotions in a professional and effective manner
Demonstrate Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Assess areas for workplace improvements
- Apply EI skills to improve your performance as a leader
- Create efficient and successful teams through effective leadership
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – Marble Arch, LondonGarfield House
86 Edgware Road
020 7793 4200
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
To find out more about this training course and tailoring it to your requirements, please contact:
Group booking discounts available