With stretched resources and competing priorities, it can feel impossible to complete all your tasks on time to a high standard. Pressure on you and your teams can lead to a greater difficulty with managing projects to deadline and putting your time to the most effective use.
Whether you feel like you’re spending valuable time attending ineffective meetings or getting caught up sifting through large quantities of emails, there can be a number of barriers to feeling like you’re being productive with your time.
Attend this one-day Maximising Productivity course to learn the skills to plan, schedule and communicate effectively and transparently to make sure you meet competing deadlines. Leave the day with the ability to be proactive and discover important techniques for how and when to delegate, and when to say no. Develop an action plan to implement back at work and reap the benefits of efficient productivity.
|About the Chair: Clare Evans
|Clare Evans has 15 years experience as a Productivity and Time Management Coach, Author of Time Management for Dummies and Mentor Coach of the Year 2018 (BWEA Sussex). She works with individuals and organisations in the UK and internationally helping them to manage overwhelm, reduce stress and create a more productive, calmer way of working.
Her clients are business owners, senior management and professionals across a range of industries looking to improve their productivity. She is recognised as the go-to-expert for quotes, articles and advice on time management, productivity, personal and leadership development for business and national publications.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:30
Principles of Productivity and Time Management
- What is productivity and time management?
- Recognise the main principles of time management, including planning and controlling workload, effective communication and motivation to complete tasks
- The importance of productivity to reduce stress and increase contentment at work
10:30 - 11:00
What Are You Currently Doing?
- Discuss what your day normally entails, including the pressures and challenges you currently encounter
- Identify what you think you are doing well and where you would like to improve
- Share tools and techniques you currently use to aid time management
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:15
The Importance of Proactivity
- Explore the value of proactivity when considering how to manage your time effectively
- Know how to ask for deadlines and establish urgency for each project you take on
- Learn the skills for working in a proactive, rather than reactive way
- Discover how to be in control and on top of your workload
12:15 - 13:00
The Importance of Transparent Communication
- Understand how to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders, establish best lines of communication and how to manage stakeholder expectations
- Know your own limitations and how to speak up when necessary
- Learn how and when to say no
- Explore how to effectively delegate and when is the time for delegation
14:00 - 14:45
Scheduling and Planning Tools
- Gain practical tools and techniques for scheduling, planning and managing your time effectively
- Recognise the importance of prioritisation as a tool for managing your tasks
- Learn best ways to manage large quantities of emails
- Understand best ways to avoid procrastination and how to keep your motivation high
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Productivity in Practice
- Discuss which tools will be most suited to you, your team and your organisation
- Recognise and identify the times when you can hit peak productivity
- Develop measurable, achievable targets to assess progress
- Gain advice from the trainer to produce an action plan for implementation back at work
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email email@example.com after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com.