Managers and leaders make critical decisions on a daily basis, which have a direct impact on their staff and their organisation. Agonising over a decision or making the wrong decision, can often take up time, resources and money.
This Advanced Decision Making course helps you overcome the common traps that can inhibit your decision-making processes.
Attend this highly interactive training course to learn and then apply proven methodologies, which will aid your decision-making process and overcome complex issues.
Leave the day with proven and actionable decision-making techniques, which can aid your role as a manager, leader or project lead.
|About the Chair: Dr Valentina Ferretti
|Dr Valentina Ferretti is Associate Professor at the Politecnico of Milan in Italy and a Fellow in Decision Science in the Department of Management of the London School of Economics (UK). Dr Ferretti’s areas of expertise focus on two main themes. The first one is Behavioural Decision Analysis to support both public policy making and management decisions. The second one is spatial choice architecture to better support map-based decision making.
Dr Ferretti has been an award-winning teacher of Risk and Decision Analysis at the London School of Economics and Political Science. She was awarded the Wiley Practice Prize by the International Society on Multi-Criteria Decision Making in 2011 and is the winner of the INFORMS 2017 Decision Analysis Practice Award. She is Area Editor of the Journal of Multi Criteria Decision Analysis and of the International Journal of the Analytic Hierarchy Process. She has published widely in the field, in Journals such as the European Journal of Operational Research, Risk Analysis, Decision Support Systems, Environmental Modelling and Software, to name a few.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 11:00
Workshop: Theory – Science and Methodologies Behind Decision Making
- Gain a firm understanding of the science behind decision making
- Why do people struggle to make an effective decision?
- Understand the key the theories and methodologies behind decision making
- Why do we need to make better decisions?
- Understand the role of behavioural science in decision making
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:15
Workshop: Framing the Problem
- Learn how to frame the problem
- Tame vs wicked problems
- Learn how to engage key stakeholders
- Gather information to improve the decision making process
12:15 - 13:00
Workshop: Avoid Decision Making Paralysis
- Identify influences and inhibitors that might affect decision making
- Learn how to make quick and productive decisions based on information
14:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Decision Making in Action
In this interactive session, delegates will bring their own decision conundrums and will work in small groups to engage with Decision Analysis principles.
- Learn how to resolve complex issues
- Gain the confidence to make more effective decisions
- Receive expert feedback from our trainer
- Practice making more effective decisions
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
De Vere West One
9-10 Portland Pl