With greater demands being put on professionals and some facing information-overload in a fast-paced environment, this interactive online course helps you use your memory to remember and action key tasks at work.
Learn how to train your memory and absorb information efficiently in this specifically designed online course, even when key facts change rapidly in the face of unforeseen events.
Having a more effective memory can help improve your performance, productivity and create more efficient ways of working. When things go wrong at work, it is often down to people forgetting key information.
Through practical workshops and exercises this Advanced Memory Training course gives you the tools and knowledge to be more effective at remembering key tasks. By taking a memory test at the start and the end of the day, you will be able to show your progression.
Unlock your potential and leave the day with practical and actionable memory techniques to be used while working.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
“One of the best courses I’ve ever been on. Mark is a fantastic facilitator, both knowledgeable and engaging. The course really changed my perspective on what I could achieve. I never realised how powerful my memory is.” Policy Adviser, Cabinet Office
“Mark is an excellent, engaging teacher. I’ve learned a lot.” Senior Marketing and Campaigns Officer, NHS Blood and Transplant
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
|About the Chair: Mark Channon
|Mark Channon is a Coach, Trainer, and Author of Improve Your Memory and The Memory Workbook (Hodder Education).
Over the last 20 years, he has coached Startup Founders, Executives, Presenters, Actors, Engineers, Designers, and even Heart Surgeons to perform at their very best. Combining Executive Coaching/Training with the latest Accelerated Learning strategies to help clients, learn fast, get focused, maximise productivity and improve performance.
Mark’s work as a trainer includes running high-performance memory workshops for Guardian Masterclasses, BBC, Clarasys, WeWork, Salon Club, Also Festival, NextRadio, ICAEW and more.
As a West End Actor in the early 90s, he was lucky enough to create Monkhouses Memory Masters, a game show for the BBC that aired to 8 million people, leading him to become one of the worlds first ever Grand Masters of Memory. Most recently Mark has worked with Gok Wan, Valarie Singleton and Joey Essex on Channel 4 pilot Memory Show.
09:25 - 09:30
09:30 - 10:00
Virtual Ice-Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- The Chair will discuss delegate experiences to identify personal objectives for the day and tailor the course to specific requirements
10:00 - 10:45
Workshop: The Science Behind Memory
- What is memory?
- Understand why we might remember some things and not others
- Gain a quick scientific overview of memory
- Understand the difference between right and left brain
- Long term vs short term memory
- Take a quick memory test to assess your memory
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
Workshop: Identify and Overcome the Barriers to Forgetfulness
- Identify influences and factors that might inhibit your memory
- Learn how to retrain your brain to memorise things quickly
- Make your memory more efficient
12:00 - 13:00
Workshop: Memorise Important Information
- Learn how to filter out key and relevant information
- Overcome information overload
- Learn how to remember key tasks in a logical and actionable way
- Gain tools to use at work to memorise important information
- Utilise techniques to block out unimportant information
13:45 - 14:00
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
14:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Improve Your Memory to Increase Your Work Performance (Flexible Afternoon Break)
In this session, delegates will be given a range of tasks to help put everything into practice that has been learnt throughout the day.
- Ensure your memory is effectively used to action key points
- Learn ways to measure the impact of your memory
- Keep composure when you might not be able to remember key information
- Practice using your long-term and short-term memory
- Turn your memory into a pool of knowledge
- Learn tools to help your staff improve their memory
- Gain expert feedback from our trainer
- Take another memory test to see how you have improved
16:00 - 16:15
Round Up and Key Takeaways
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to email@example.com or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email@example.com if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.