Listening is the most fundamental component of interpersonal communication skills and is a key leadership technique to inspire and motivate your team.
Through practical workshops and exercises this Advanced Active Listening training course gives you the tools and knowledge to be a more effective listener. By taking a quick listening test at the start and end of the day, you will be able to show your progression.
Leave the day with practical and actionable active listening techniques to be used once you are back in the workplace.
|About the Chair: Mark Channon
|Mark Channon is a Coach, Trainer, and Author of Improve Your Memory and The Memory Workbook (Hodder Education).
Over the last 20 years, he has coached Startup Founders, Executives, Presenters, Actors, Engineers, Designers, and even Heart Surgeons to perform at their very best. Combining Executive Coaching/Training with the latest Accelerated Learning strategies to help clients, learn fast, get focused, maximise productivity and improve performance.
Mark’s work as a trainer includes running high-performance memory workshops for Guardian Masterclasses, BBC, Clarasys, WeWork, Salon Club, Also Festival, NextRadio, ICAEW and more.
As a West End Actor in the early 90s, he was lucky enough to create Monkhouses Memory Masters, a game show for the BBC that aired to 8 million people, leading him to become one of the worlds first ever Grand Masters of Memory. Most recently Mark has worked with Gok Wan, Valarie Singleton and Joey Essex on Channel 4 pilot Memory Show.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Workshop 1: De-Mystifying Active Listening
- Identify what is Active Listening
- Understand the science behind listening
- In a practical exercise, identify your current listening levels
- Target where you want to be with G.R.O.W – Goals, Reality, Options, Way Forward
11:00 - 12:00
Workshop 2: Identify and Overcome Obstacles to Listening
- Identify influencers that might inhibit your ability to listen
- Learn how to train your brain to listen to key points more effectively
- Make your listening skills more efficient
12:00 - 13.00
Workshop 3: Listening to Understand Important Information
- Learn how to hone in on key information
- Gain techniques to maintain focus whilst listening to very technical information
- Use pacing to build up rapport
- Understand how reflection raises awareness
- Learn tools to use Active Listening skills in the workplace
14.00 - 14:45
Workshop 4: The Importance of Feedback
- Practice paraphrasing to demonstrate understanding
- Learn when to ask questions to show that you have understood
- Ask specific and non-specific questions to gauge meaning
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
Workshop 5: Active Listening in Action
Through work based role-plays delegates will practice their listening skills.
- Ensure your listening skills are actively used to understand and action key tasks
- Practice using your Active Listening skills in a comfortable and non-judgemental learning environment
- Rehearse your listening skills in a choice of scenarios: water cooler, board meetings, coaching, managers, and meetings with stakeholders/service users
16:00 - 16:15
Evaluation, Feedback and Closing Remarks
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.