Whether you are a student preparing yourself for exams or a working professional getting ready for tomorrow’s meeting, strong memory abilities are crucial in our daily life. A powerful memory depends on the health and vitality of the brain which is up to us to protect and boost.
Here are some tips for a better memory:
- Physical exercise is the key for a healthier brain. Don’t skip heart-friendly exercises, it increases oxygen to your brain and reduces the chance of diseases that can lead to memory loss. Always remember, what is good for your heart, is definitely great for your brain!
- Second to our list is meditation, studies by neuroscientists have shown that with meditation practice you can uplift your memory.
- Did you know that diet is also a boost-memory factor? For instance, eating berries can help to stave off memory decline or fatty fish (such as salmon, trout and sardines), which are all rich sources of Omega-3s and they play a major role in sharpening your memory. Some other foods which can also nurture your memory are: turmeric, broccoli, dark chocolate, nuts, pumpkin seeds.
Good Night Sleep
- Bad quality of sleep can also lead to memory loss, 95% of adults need between 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep every night for sleep deprivation to be avoided.
- A regular sleeping schedule can also help for a better quality of sleep. Going to bed at the same time every night and waking up at the same time each morning, is considered a healthier routine for your brain.
Brain Training apps
Nowadays, the brain-training genre apps have become extremely popular. They promise to effectively exercise your brain and improve your focus and memory skills. Here are a few free (in-app purchases) app suggestions for Android / iOS:
- Fit Brains Trainer
- Memorado Brain Training
Understanding ModernGov Training Course
Why not attend our Advanced Memory Training course which will take place on the 27th of February in Central London? Led by the coach, trainer and author of Improve Your Memory and The Memory Workbook, Mark Channon. By the end of this highly practical one-day CPD Certified training course you will have learned to:
- Understand the science behind memory
- How to identify and overcome barriers to forgetfulness
- Learn techniques to remember key information
- Learn how to memorise things quickly
- Utilise advance memory techniques to enhance your performance
Want to find out more?
If you would like to discuss any of the details you have read in this blog; including our ‘Advanced Memory’ training course, please email us on email@example.com.
Can’t make the date?
We can run this course for you In-House, at your organisation or a venue of your choice, on a date to suit you. Bringing your team together for a group training event is a great team building exercise, and we work closely with you to develop a bespoke training agenda that is completely tailored to your organisation’s requirements.
Contact our In-House training team on InHouse@moderngov.com or call 0800 542 9414 to find out more.